7/8/13

5 COOL SUMMER SALADS


With the weather warming up, sometimes you just need a nice, light salad to cool you down. We love these quick recipes from Elsie over at A Beautiful Mess!

"Tomato + Basil Salad/ I made this salad on a bed of spinach and arugula. It has pesto mixed in, a splash of balsamic vinegar, fresh basil leaves, local tomatoes and chopped macadamia nuts. I love this one because I'm on a basil kick!" 


"Blue Cheese and Peas Salad/ This salad is on a bed of spinach and butter lettuce. It has blue cheese dressing, avocados, tomatoes, sesame seeds and peas."


Artichoke + Apple Salad/ This salad is served on a bed of Arugula (my fave) and it has granny smith apples (half and apple, sliced), sunflower seeds, sesame seeds blue cheese dressing and artichoke hearts. It's delicious. 


"Hearts of Palm + Pesto Salad/ This salad is simply arugula, tomatoes and hearts of palm with pesto mixed in. So yummy!"


"Curry + Fig Kale Salad/ I never thought I would grow to love raw kale, but it happened! I love raw kale most when it is marinated in a salad dressing for an hour or two. This is a good salad to make in advance and then refrigerate. My favorite salad dressing is Curry + Fig by Salad Girl. Also in this salad is a little spinach, broccoli and tomatoes."

We'll be sure to try all of Elsie's favorites! We hope you do, too - let us know which one is your favorite! 

Photos via A Beautiful Mess

No comments:

Post a Comment